|Vegetable Oil Cooking Spray or Butter
¾ cup Orange Marmalade
¼ cup Apricot Preserves
2 ½ Eggs
|½ Cup Half and Half or Cream
2 Tsp Almond Extract
¼ Tsp Nutmeg
3 Tbs Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a large loaf pan or casserole dish.
- Slice Croissants in half as if preparing a sandwich.
- Place croissant bottoms in the pan.
- Mix orange juice, marmalade and preserves. Add 1 Tsp almond extract. Mixture should be thick.
- Pour 2/3 of this mixture onto croissants in the dish.
- Put croissant tops on and fill in all empty spaces (they can be pulled and stretched a little to fill the pan and supplemented with dried French bread-no crusts).
- Mix eggs, half and half, nutmeg, maple syrup and remaining almond extract. Pour over croissant mixture to cover thoroughly.
- Dribble remaining marmalade mixture over tops of croissants.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour, preferably overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator about 1 hour before baking. Bake until set and golden – about 30 minutes. (To prevent the top from burning, it may help to cover with foil until halfway done baking).
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with sliced strawberries and oranges.
The room was charming and comfortable, and the breakfast was delicious.
An absolutely lovely house. Everyone was so friendly
--Teresa & Richard
Our room rates include amenities. Call for best prices or click for availability:
Breakfast Entree Recipes
We serve a home-cooked gourmet special with our regular hearty breakfast every morning at the Harding House. Try some of our favorite recipes:
Click the arrow to watch our chef prepare "Stuffed Croissant French Toast":